Autor: Richard Constantinidi
Etichete: Anata, Death Metal, Kaotoxin Records
1998 classic debut full-length on vinyl for the first time ever at last!
- 300 hand-numbered copies limited edition first press as yellow and black marbled vinyl with lyrics insert.
- Jul.25 : Preorders at Kaotoxin.com
- : worldwide release
Back in 1993, Death Metal had started taking a turn towards either more melody-driven stuff in Europe (At The Gates and most of the Gothenburg scene) or way more brutal stuff in the US (Suffocation and the likes...) but one band, formed that same year in Varberg (Sweden), stood out from all trends and that one band was the only able to fill the gap between the two different directions: ANATA.
Released in 1998 through then recently launched French label Season of Mist, ANATA's debut, "The Infernal Depths of Hatred", took the unsuspecting Death Metal scene by storm combining a sped up version of the trademark melodic, catchy and uptempo Gothenburg "New Wave of Swedish Death Metal" sound (At The Gates, Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity...) with faster, relentless, heavy parts influenced by the rawer, darker and heavier typical US Death Metal of that time (Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse…).
This brand new 2016 reissue, specially remastered for analog physical supports by gifted sound engineer Frédéric Motte at the Conkrere studio (MERCYLESS, OTARGOS, PUTRID OFFAL...) comes with a bonus Morbid Angel cover version ("Day of Suffering") from ANATA's 1999 split with Bethzaida, "War, vol.II".
FOR FANS OF
Morbid Angel, mid era-At The Gates, early Dark Tranquillity, early Suffocation… and ANATA !
MARKETING & PROMOTION / NOTEWORTHY
- A unique 90’s Death Metal classic for the first time ever on vinyl
- Specifically remastered for vinyl at the Conkrete Studio (Loudblast remasters, Gorod, Otargos, Putrid Offal, We All Die (laughing)…)
- Features a bonus Morbid Angel cover version
- 300 hand-numbered copies collector edition on yellow & black marbled vinyl
- Reissued under exclusive Season of Mist licence
- Released When You Are Dead
- Let the Heavens Hate
- Under Azure Skies
- Vast Lands / Infernal Gates
- Slain Upon His Altar
- Those Who Lick the Wounds of Christ
- Dethrone the Hypocrites
- Aim Not at the Kingdom High
- Day of Suffering [Morbid Angel cover]
- Total running time: 43:48
- 2016 – "The Infernal Depths of Hatred" [reissue]
- 2006 – "The Conductor’s Departure"
- 2004 – "Under a Stone with no Inscription"
- 2001 – "Dreams of Death and Dismay"
- 1999 – split EP w/ Bethzaida
- 1998 – "The Infernal Depths of Hatred"
- Fredrik Schälin – guitars & vocals
- Andreas Allenmark – guitars
- Henrik Drake – bass
- Robert Petersson – drums
Publicat in: 26.03.2017, Ora: 06:49AM
Publicat in: 24.03.2017, Ora: 06:28AM
Publicat in: 22.03.2017, Ora: 06:46AM
Publicat in: 20.03.2017, Ora: 06:19AM
Publicat in: 18.03.2017, Ora: 11:53AM
Publicat in: 24.11.2016, Ora: 06:01AM
Publicat in: 10.10.2016, Ora: 06:57AM
Publicat in: 06.10.2016, Ora: 06:13AM
Publicat in: 26.09.2016, Ora: 06:34AM
Publicat in: 15.08.2016, Ora: 06:01AM